Before we get started, let's go over the list of suggested class materials for this lesson. Please note, these are suggested supplies. I encourage you to use the tools you have on hand and creatively improvise where you can. That's part of being an artist!
Here is a suggested list of supplies:
- 1 canvas (16"x20" is a fun size to start with)
- Markers - Sharpie and/or UniBall
- *Uni Posco Paint Pens
- Acrylic Paint in the following colors: White, Magenta, Purple, Blue, Yellow, Red, Green, and Black. You can find acrylic starter sets at most craft stores. There is no need to buy super expensive paint for this workshop. Just go with what's on sale.
- Paint Brushes - A basic set with a variety of widths and brush shapes is a good way to get started. We will be working with all size brushes. We will be using our hands as well! FUN!
- *Liquitex Ink - fun!!!! (I will show you a DIY version as well)
- Paper towel or a couple of rags
- Rinse water
- Drop-cloth (an old towel or sheet works well)
- Print out of our lotus flower model (see attached photo below)
*Not required, but fun tools to work with.